Sunday, March 16, 2008

High Hopes


Recently, while reading a friend's blog http://tynertellings.blogspot.com/ she wrote on "Presentation". I began to ponder this topic and came up with some interesting things to consider. This rose is vigorous, upright and arching. It is sweet smelling, sometimes strong. It makes a good presentation.

Have you ever felt like no one really understands you? No one really knows your heart. The real you. So the question becomes how do you "present" the gift. The real you, your heart, the part that no one knows. The person who wants friends, romance, adventure, beauty, hospitality. How do you present the mystery of what is on the inside. I want presentation of my home, myself, my servanthood to be a reflection of the hidden treasure that God has created in me. How do I present my home that others will feel welcome? How do I present myself that others will want to be my friend? How do I present "me" that others will want to know more about my Lord, Maker and Creator.

Charles Trumball wrote in his book Victory in Christ - "I need never to ask Him to help me as though He were one and I another, but simply to do His work, His will in me and with me and through me. My body is His, my mind is His, my will is His, my Spirit is His and not merely His but literally part of Him."

We do this by building a relationship with Jesus. He is the Creator and just as He presents the marvelous beauty of nature, His Presence shines through us to others in our home, in our servanthood, friends and life. Our Hope is Christ in us. Christ in you the HOPE of glory..We proclaim Him...so that we may present every man complete in Christ. Col 1:27 - Our HOPE is Christ in us. What a presentation!

No comments: