Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Loving His Son

Thank you so much for praying for my daughter and loving her. It brings me great comfort to know each of you are praying for my daughter, encouraging her and showing your great love for her. Many prayers have been said for her since before she was born. Being premature and staying in the NICU for six weeks, many emotions were felt. When the doctors gave her a 50-50 chance of survival, my emotions were indescribable. I didn't know how to pray or what to ask for except, "Lord, give her LIFE." The doctors kept saying, "She is a fighter." And she fought for every heart beat and every breath.

The same feelings have overcome me again, 39 years later when the doctors at SWHP gave her a 50-50 chance of survival. (By going to MDACC, her survival rate increased to 80-20.) Again, she is fighting and my prayer is "Lord, give her LIFE." As a mother, it is heart-warming to know there are so many who will go to the One Who Answers Prayer on her behalf. So I thank you with all my heart. My gratitude is immeasurable. May blessings flow upon you.

I was thinking about how grateful I was that others loved and cared about my daughter and the thought occurred to me that maybe that is how God feels about His Son. He must feel truly honored and proud that others love His Son as much as He does. Think about it!!!

No comments: