Wednesday, March 14, 2007

I've Arrived

I am approaching my 60th birthday. What better way to begin your 60th year by starting a blog? With the encouragement of my children and my grandchildren, here I go. I've always considered life a journey and welcome the excitement of new adventures. Psalms 84:5-7 says "Blessed are those whose strength is in you, who have set their hearts on pilgrimage. As they pass through the Valley of Baca (tears), they make it a place of springs; the autumn rains also cover it with pools. They go from strength to strength til each appears before God in Zion." So I am setting out on the "blogging pilgrammage."

I don't feel 60, look 60 or act 60 or think 60. I don't know what 60 is suppose to feel like, look like, act like or think like but I suppose I always thought 60 was old. It is hard for me to say that I am going to be 60 and hard for me to think that I am going to be 60. But 60, I will be. They say 60 is the new 40 for the baby boomers. So, I am trying to remember how I felt at 40. As I remember, 40 did not bother me. Actually, I still feel young because I am a 60 year old child. Yes, my parents are still alive. That makes me still a child. And I still wonder what I will do when I grow up. And the answer is part of the journey.

I have begun a new career as a Pastoral Counselor. http://mercymatters.org How exciting is it to know God has called you to ministry? Psalm 71:18 "Even when I am old and gray, do not forsake me, O God, till I declare your power to the next generation, your might to all who are to come."

So here I am. I have arrived on a Blog!

1 comment:

Lisa Smith said...

Mom--This is going to be so much fun! Happy Bloggin'

I love you!