Thursday, May 10, 2007

"Many Happy Returns"


I finally made it. "60" My husband surprised me with a party. I was really surprised. My family, my closest friends, my Study Group. I was surprised. You can read all about it on my daughter's blog "Birthdays and Surprises" and see the pictures also. http://lifeoflisasmith.blogspot.com
The Rose "Many Happy Returns" was named from a salutation originating in the 1700's mainly used for birthdays that the birthday year would be repeated again and again. My 60th was definitely once in a lifetime event. However, on reflecting I realized I have been blessed with a wonderful family. My children and grandchildren live lives honoring to me and to the Lord. They love others and are involved in ministering God's love to others. I pray that I will always remember the love bestowed upon me by my family and friends on this birthday.
But the perfectness of this event is knowing the love of my Father. Not just my earthly father but my Father God in Heaven who loves me, who uniquely created me in my mother's womb, numbered my days from beginning to end, who perceives my thoughts, my going and coming and lying down, who knows every word on my tongue and who is familiar with all my ways. He has found favor on me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me. I am fearfully and wonderfully made and I praise my Father. (Psalm 139)
Casting Crowns has a song called "Who Am I?" that the Lord of all the earth would care to know my name or feel my hurt. It is not because of who I am but because of what the Lord of all the earth has done. It is not because of what I've done but because of who the Father is. And I am His. "I am a flower quickly fading, here today and gone tomorrow." Because God loves me and God's promises are eternal. There will be many happy returns to the blessings He has for me. Psalm 16:11 "You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence with eternal pleasures at your right hand."

3 comments:

Lisa Smith said...

Some of my favorite Psalms.

It was definitely a party worth remembering.

Many happy returns!

I love you!!

Happy Mother's Day

Wilhelmine Mitchell said...

Everyone has found out what your father & I already knew-that you were molded by God. We love you and are proud of you. Mother

Lisa Smith said...

Happy Mother's Day, Mom!

I love you!

Thanks for being a great and Godly role model for me. I love you!