Thursday, May 24, 2007

"Remembrance"


This remembrance rose is scarlet and the scent is light and sweet unlike the fear of aging, a burden that we carry with us continually in our mind and body. The aging process tends to cause people to make lifestyle changes. I found myself dieting, exercising, checking my cholesterol, taking vitamins and calcium and fish oil, eating more vegetables and fruits for my eyes, my heart, my bones, my skin, more and more intensely trying to fight off the aging process and to maintain perfect health for my body. But what about our spiritual health?


The Old Testament Prophet Malachi talks about spiritual heart disease. I am busily trying to maintain my healthy momentum for a body that will turn to dust one day while I need to be focusing on soul construction, the part of me that will live eternally. The heart disease that has come about because of guilt, shame, hypocrisy, idolatry, infidelity, divorce, materialism, anger, bitterness, brokenness, rejection, abandonment, apathy, disillusionment, etc. being oblivious to God's voice and self-absorbed. (For more on "Soul Construction" see http://waylonward.blogspot.com or http://mercymatters.org)


"Then those who feared the Lord spoke to one another, and the Lord listened and heard them; so a book of remembrance was written before Him for those who fear the Lord and who meditate on His name." Malachi 3:16. You see, the Lord likes to hear and listen as we share about what He has done for us. Some ways of constructing your soul are: (1) pray (2) meditate on the Word (3) tell others (4) live a pure life (5) fellowship with other Christians.

If you are having a difficult time getting beyond the heart break, seek professional help or someone who can encourage your soul. Soul construction, a light and sweet fragrance pleasing to the Lord so pleasing there is a book of remembrance written before Him.

1 comment:

Lisa Smith said...

One of my favorite Scriptures. I can't wait to get to heaven and read the book of remembrance. I believe we will have perfect memories in heaven.