Thursday, September 6, 2007

"Playtime"

"Playtime" provides an amazing display of brilliant color in vibrant shades of reddish orange. The fragrance is mild but the rose makes up for the lack of fragrance by generously blooming.



I've just returned from my girl trip and discovered that a new woman emerged from this busy life during my time of playtime. I call it "playtime" because I have been on several girl trips in the past couple of months. We have laughed, shopped, eaten, talked and "played".

I have come to realize while playing with my friends I was actually glorifying God. (Romans 12:1) I have witnessed creation by the Lord who is the creator of Heaven and Earth while being in different parts of the country. I understand the uniqueness of being made in His image by being around so many different "girls". There is an awareness of who I am, the real me, the one who is created in the image of God. I am a divine design drawn with lovingkindness. (Jeremiah 31:3) But not only am I created for a purpose (Jeremiah 29:11) but so are my friends uniquely formed to be a part of God's plan for my life and I theirs. Our diversities give us our strengths. We are actually all part of one another, one spirit, because there is one God. (Ephesians 4) I pray we can all bloom where God has planted us giving Him praise for His creation of the earth, the girls, and "playtime" as we are being transformed by the renewing of our minds that we may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God. (Romans 12:2)




No comments: