Friday, June 1, 2007

"Julia's Rose"

This is a very beautiful "coffee colored" rose. It is open and upright with frilled petals revealing the stamens on the inside. It needs full sunshine. The fragrance is light and fresh. Julia, my first granddaughter. Daughter of my daughter. She is definitely a "jewel" in my crown. She resembles me as a little girl. So much so that my mother and daddy call her by my name. It is as if they are watching their own daughter play years ago in another decade. Watching her reminds me of me. Amazing, how God takes parts of each of us and puts them together to create a little girl in another generation.


Her name means Youthful and Anointed. Jewel means Delight. The Mother Goose Fairy Tale says Friday's child is loving and giving. Her scripture is Hebrews 13:15 - Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer a sacrifice of praise, the fruit of lips that confess His Name. These are the things I pray over her. Yes, God delights in her and so do I. It is fun to watch her continual exuberance for life in everything she does.


I recently attended her dance recital where she received a five year attendance award. She had a special part in one of her dances for the fifth year in a row. There is something about Julia that brings sunshine into your life. She enjoys life. Whatever she does, she does wholeheartedly. She dances, she plays basketball. She can dress frilly revealing her very heart as she dances or she can play basketball leading her team with her encouragement and brightness. She captures your heart with her openness and uprightness. Julia's Rose, beautiful, sweet, a breath of fresh air, sunshine, laughter, a delight to behold. I am so glad a rose is named Julia.

No comments: