Friday, June 22, 2007

Fragrant Delight

Recently a classmate passed away and it caused me to remember an incident that happened in eighth grade. He was choosing between three girls to give a box of valentine candy too. I wanted that box of candy. I went after the "candy." The candy was presented to me. However, along with the box of candy came the giver of the box of candy. I didn't want the giver. I didn't like him. I just wanted the candy.


This caused me to think about how I responded to God. Do I love the Giver? or Do I just want the blessings and promises? Everytime I do something good or right or serve or give, do I do it because I love the Giver? or Do I do it for the reward? What are the true motives of my heart? Do I truly love people and have a compassion for them? or Do I use people to satisfy my needs or to get what I want? I know I am a "fragrant delight" to the Lord but is the Lord a "fragrant delight" to me?


This highly perfumed rose blooms abundantly. The clustered flowers are peachy pink when new aging to a pale pink revealing a golden heart. Just like the "Fragrant Delight" rose, we must be transformed as we age revealing our true hearts.


Let us be a fragrant delight to the Lord (Is. 5:7 - we are a "garden of delight" to Him), to others (II Cor 2:14 - "through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of him." and most of all let the Lord be a "fragrant delight" to us (Psalm 37:4 - "delight yourself in the Lord".

4 comments:

MaR!N said...

its a wonderful web!! i actually really love flowers cuz my mom was a flower teacher....anyway, nice website!!

Lisa Smith said...

"Put me on trial, LORD, and cross-examine me. Test my motives and affections." Psalm 26:2
This is a good word.

Wilhelmine Mitchell said...

How well you apply the roses to God's word Just as Rose(ann) applys them to life.

Rose Ann Mitchell said...

Mar!n, how wonderful. A flower teacher. Where did she teach? A school, community center, church?