Friday, March 5, 2010

The Great Organizer

I Corinthians 14:40- But everything should be done in a fitting and orderly way.

I went back to McKinney this weekend taking Alyssa with me. We had a great weekend together. While packing the car, I realized I had stuff at Lisa's house, stuff at Cindy's house (where I have been staying), stuff in the trunk of the car, stuff in McKinney. I packed my favorite pillow. I am feeling a little disorganized. My thoughts took me back to Africa (where I have been on 2 mission trips) and realized the African women carry their suitcases with their "stuff" on their head with their blanket wrapped around them plus they carry their mattress, if they are lucky to have one when they come to Children' s Bible Camp. The Lord has given me such a heart for these women who are so much like us in so many ways. They experience the same emotions and relational issues that we American women feel. Well, Africa is another story. Again, in the midst of the disorganization, I am feeling, I am blessed that I have a car to travel in instead of a flatbed truck.

God is beginning to put order back into my life, as I have witnessed the great organizational skills of our Lord. Help with the 4 children, carpooling the 3 school age children, meals, visitors, doctor appointments, tests, coming in and going out, trips to Houston, multiple family members, rest, cleaning the house, washing the clothes, lunches, school supplies, spring clothes, the need, whatever it is has been met, the timing has been perfect. Even though at times it seems like disorderliness and confusion are about to take over, we always turn to our God and remember that He is a God of Order.

We trust in what we know not what we are feeling or what it looks like. We praise Him for turning the feeling of disorganization into a feeling of organization. We know that God is Good and He is a God of Order.

2 comments:

Lisa Smith said...

Our God has met all of our needs in with the glorious riches in Christ Jesus...truly

xoxo

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

I am praying for your girl....Teresa P