Friday, March 5, 2010

Relationships

In reading II Corinthians 7:5 (NIV) the other morning, I realized the importance of relationships...with our friends, our family, our extended family, peers, even those we have not met yet. But more importantly it is our relationship with the Living Savior.


When Paul came to Macedonia, he was met with conflicts on the outside, fears within. But God who comforts the downcast, comforted us by the coming of Titus and not only by his coming but also by the comfort you had given him. He told us about your longing for me, your deep sorrow, your ardent concern for me, so that my joy was greater than ever.


When we have relationships with others, we truly feel their emotions. Whether it be fear, doubt, hurt, pain, or anger. We avoid relationships because of the pain it causes us. If we stay emotionally unavailable, it is less painful. We are removed from what is happening. When we build relationships with each other, we can stand with them in prayer believing that the "conflicts on the outside, fears within" are conquered by the love of God. Many friends have stood with Lisa and our family, comforted us and shed tears with us with your ardent concern. We had a wonderful lunch time, prayer time, share time with special ladies yesterday. Ladies we have relationships with. Your care, concern and comfort have brought our family much JOY. And there is strength in JOY.


God loves Lisa. God loves me. He knows the conflicts on the outside, fears within and they have been conquered by HIS love. He has comforted us and collected our tears, He is concerned. And there is JOY in the Lord because we know that we know that God is Love. The Lord reminded me that I have a relationship with the Lord and He knows the conflicts on the outside and the fears within and He is walking through this with me. He knows my heart, my pain without me having to tell Him. His comfort, care, concern and even the Lord's tears are with me and I receive His great love for me. Neh. 8:10 (NIV) - "Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength."

Thank you so much for walking through the valley of cancer with us.


2 comments:

Lelia Chealey said...

Beautiful. We serve a God who is so tender and wants to tend to our souls, we just have to let Him. I'm praying for your gorgeous, strong daughter Lisa as well. I'll pray for you too, as it must be very difficult to watch your daughter go through such tough life changing stuff. The fact she knows and loves her Savior though has to bring you a joy and peace that mothers whose kids don't know Jesus never experience. God bless you as you reach out to Him and praise Him faithfully.

Lisa Smith said...

we are blessed with some beautiful relationships and mostly the relationship with the Most Beautiful One

xoxo